In 2011, I purchased a Net10 pre-paid wireless phone and activation card, and was assigned a phone number. THIS PHONE WAS USED FOR MY BUSINESS.
It began normal.
I spent over $200 to place ADVERTISEMENTS using this new phone number in the ad.
Without notice I discovered that Net10 changed my phone number approximately 1 week into the first month of service!
Customer service remedied the issue.
Approximately 1 week later, I lost service completely!
Customer service informed me that they could not resolve my issue, and I demanded a refund.
Customer service transferred me to an agent who admitted his job was to first try to talk me out of canceling my service and getting a refund. When I made it clear why i was canceling and how I had lost a lot of money because of Net10, he processed my refund telling me the exact dollar amount to be refunded for the phone itself PLUS the 1 month service card which was not only never valid to begin with, but it ended up causing me to lose money because of my ADVERTISEMENT and existing and potential clients were unable to call my business.
I wrote everything down, and asked the rep to repeat the details to be sure I was getting my full refund.
When the refund arrived, it was only for the phone!!!
When I called back, they informed me that the rep was wrong and they refused to refund the 1 month service card "because it had been activated".
Not to mention, I had to mail the phone to Net10 and pay the shipping cost myself!
I've waited a long time for an opportunity to complain about this publicly. Thanks "Pissed Consumer.com"